Friday 24 December 2021

Day 24 - Home To You (This Christmas) - Sigrid

There are those out there who dislike it when an artist or band repackage an already successful album or track for the Christmas market, seeing a cynical attempt to get you to part with you cash. Me? I like a trier. So when Sigrid updated her own 2019 track 'Home To You' adding some new lyrics and a twinkling 'Jingle Bells' piano I was sold. 

Now to be fair to the Norwegian songstress, this track may already have invaded our consciousness - who didn't swallow something hard and jagged when they heard it on the closing sequences of last summer's Olympics? - but the fact is the song hasn't charted and still hasn't found mainstream success so I think it's fair to  go for the big one.

And go for it she has, it's full of seasonal charm, beautiful sentiments and personally, I now realise it's always sounded like a Christmas record and it will buoy my heavy heart as I drag a Santa sleigh's worth of memories around the West End later. 

For the rest of you, if you don't know what to say and don't know what to do, then just go  home and count your blessings. 

Have a peaceful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment