Thursday 23 December 2021

Day 23 - This Must Be Christmas - Kodaline

An unintentional two for one deal here as you can either just listen to Alt Irish rockers Kodaline's 'This Must Be Christmas' - a song full of the pathos and ennui you expect this time of year - or watch the video too, a very different beast and nothing to do with the song, telling the story of someone who loses their job at Christmas and goes off to drown their sorrows, only to find things are not what they - or indeed you - think they are.

Pour another whiskey for the road / 'Cos that's the only spirit I know / Singin' oh this must be Christmas / 'Cos I'm sick of the songs that the radio plays / But I'm drinkin' and singin' along anyways

I've just come back from the hotel bar after a few brandies so don't ask me for advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment